Respite can be defined as the gift of time. Time to simply relax at home alone, time to go out to dinner or take in the latest movie, time to join the local gym, or maybe just time to be able to go to work without worry about your family member. The Arc of Cumberland County provides a number of respite services that assist both consumers with an intellectual and/or developmental disability and their caregivers to enjoy this gift of time.
Respite services for persons under 21 years of age (coordinated with Perform Care)
- After School Program – This program is for students classified eligible for special education services and is held at our Evanoff Center in Vineland and operates Monday to Friday, 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm throughout the year. Click here for more information.
- Agency Hired Respite – Respite workers are trained and experienced employees of the Arc of Cumberland County, hired to support the consumer in recreational activities of their choice occurring in their home or in a community setting. Click here for more information on this service.
- Self-Hired Respite – The family of the consumer identities and directs their own respite worker and is reimbursed by the Arc of Cumberland County after submitting monthly verification forms. Click here for more information on this service.
- Agency Weekend Respite – This is an out of home respite program that provides a wide variety of individualized and small group recreational activities at our Evanoff Center in Vineland on Saturdays from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm throughout the year. Click here for more information about this service.
Respite services for persons 21 and older (coordinated with New Jersey DDD)
- In Home Respite – Services provided by Arc of Cumberland staff at the home of the individual. Click here for more information about this service.
- Saturday Respite – Out of home respite provided at our Evanoff Center in Vineland on Saturdays that gives relief to the consumer’s caregiver. Click here for more information about this service.